The ecommerce market has a lot of convenient tools for management of online sales process. Even though Shopify is considered to be one of the best platforms, many users start to look for alternatives as soon as their free trial ends.
There are different reasons for such a reaction. Some retailers find Shopify boring, others would like to work directly with code. Shopify is not the cheapest tool, so some of merchants are looking for lower prices.
Despite all this, it is important to take into account some of the most popular Shopify alternatives. Take a look at tools that may be interesting for you.
Shopify competitors: Top 5 best tools for building a web store
We outlined some of the most important features, pros, and cons of the five top Shopify competitors. They all have something in common and are completely different at the same time. Each of them caters to defined business needs and may fit your expectations in a wonderful way.
Magento is a powerful open source platform for the development of the best online shops. Its possibilities are literally unlimited.
Magento is free to download.
Magento basic features:
- Responsive design
- The highest level of customization
- Possibility to choose a template for your web store
- Automated integrated reminders
- Possibility to create wishlists
- Special opportunities for promotions, polls and customer group creation
- Seamless integration
Magento is a professional tool that has all the capabilities to create an amazing web store. For the cons, it can be said that working with the platform is complicated. Also, Magento Premium is very expensive.
WooCommerce is a plugin for Wordpress that helps you sell online.
It is free to use.
WooCommerce basic features:
- Available from WordPress admin
- Allows transactions through the world’s major payment gateways
- Generates detailed reports and statistics
- Provides special options like free shipping or configuring tax settings
- It is perfect for improvement of SEO and Marketing campaigns
As for pros, WooCommerce has perfect feedback from its customers. Its reports are created precisely and clearly. One of the cons is the necessity to pay for hosting.
Bigcommerce is one of the industry’s strongest players.
A basic plan costs as low as $29.95.
Bigcommerce basic features:
- Great opportunities for SEO improvement
- Free hosting
- Platform for creating mobile-friendly web stores
- Various design options
- Integration with most widespread management systems
- Built-in statistics and payment gateways
The fact that Bigcommerce is very user-friendly is definitely one of the main pros. But it has neither free nor low-cost plans.
Wix is another competitor of Shopify. It is a cloud-based platform that was originally developed for creating different digital products. It has features that are convenient and useful for eCommerce purposes, so it is popular among online merchants.
The cost for a Wix plan starts from around $4.
Wix basic features:
- Nice templates for web store design
- Possibility to install a smart tool to extend the functionality
- Drag-and-drop feature
- Mobile friendly interface
- Optimization of tasks connected to shipping and taxes
- Order path tracking
- High level of security
For its pros, amazing templates with category filters should be mentioned. Free hosting and the platform’s flexibility are other useful features. The retailer can almost create a web store completely by himself – this is one of the most considerable pros. Also, only the product’s size and color are shown to the customer.
More than 40 million users have already seen how great this platform is.
Weebly basic features:
- Mobile friendly responsive design
- Possibility to create good-looking galleries
- Customizable templates for attractive design
- Great opportunities for blogging
Weebly’s pros are stylish templates and more than 40 available layouts. However, the level of potential customization is rather low.
Ecommerce platforms comparison: Shopify is not the only one
The main features and short comparison of the above mentioned Shopify alternatives can create new conditions for your business growth. Choose the platform/tool/CMS from this Shopify comparison and see how positively it influences your businesses growth and profit!